Mostly under the hood updates. In this session:
- Adding in Google Friend Connect. (Let me know if it’s working or broken – It took me about three hours to figure out how to get the widget to display. ^_^; )
- Fixing the subdomain issue that was broken more or less since the beginning of the site in June 2010. Instead of displaying julieanne.networkr3.com, it would display networkr3.com/julieanne – Apparently, it’s due to how WordPress works. I can either set it to resolve as I wish it to, and just do all my admin from the dashboard log in, or set it back as a work around to edit in the actual site view. It’s a minor inconvenience, kind of like a food scrap in between my teeth.
- Scrapping reCaptcha, since it’s broken with the theme I’m using. At least there’s Akismet, and I resume my duties as human spam screener. All comment spam gets sent to /dev/null, as always.
- Sexy Bookmarks broke slightly with the latest update to it. I’ve switched to the beta style for it. I’ll switch back if I can, or if it breaks again. I’m sure I’m not the only one being surprised. ^_^;
- Catching up with photo updates, and events since October, as well as anything else on my mind, like the holidays, and figuring out where I’m headed in 2011 and beyond.
I’m expecting a few days of quiet and sanity between now and New Years’, so I’ll pick up where I left off. New events commence after the 1st – Let’s see what Year Two brings! Stay Tuned!
(P.S.: Yeah, I moved the PINKessence badge – Now it shows up at the top of every center column. Be warned, if you’re running on a screen with a resolution of less than 1024 pixels across, the layout will break somewhat. ^_^; The compromises we make for the sake of building out the site… This is part of what I’ve done for about the past 15 years…. 15 years, starting out from crafting all the HTML by hand. Wow… That IS a long time, isn’t it? Don’t hassle me about my age, ok?)