New top-of-page image (The big banner is gone, but the Toast in Toast AND JAM! remains, in a “remastered” version (reconstructed from a version of the original artwork I carried across three hard drives and two desktop computers.)
There’s been a slight tweak to the bottom of the page. All security and stability updates are checked often. Somehow, I managed to log over 1000 site views over the weekend, and I’ve connected with the person I mirrored blog posts from. Hi, Paige! ^_^
Carry on, folks!
Has it really been over a year since I last made a post here. Indeed, it has… A year, and four days, to be exact.
There’s been some minor changes around here. (Disabling some behind-the-scenes stuff to harden the security of this site, and nail shut any potential vulnerabilities, and purging anything that looks out of place. I wasn’t born yesterday when it comes to web site administration duties.
The major change is… almost one year ago, I lost someone very important to me — My mother.
Continue reading #139 – Neither Abandoned Nor Retired
Yes, it’s my day today. Another year older, still not doing regular content updates to the site, but I can schedule some.
The cut-over from the servers in Reno, Nevada, to Tempe, Arizona is complete, and I’m just making sure things work, and I can still admin and post.
Spam still crushed, as always.
For now, sleep…
Seriously… I’ve been tweaking some things behind the scenes. I’m going to be a total tease and not tell you what has changed. If things break, I’ll fix them.
Locked down, secured, and hopefully compatible among all modern browsers, and with a decent mobile version to boot!
Someone tried to brute force password reset to take over this blog. It is NOT dormant. I’m just busy with other things going on from time to time.
In any case, today was a good time to do full backups of everything on the website, harden security in a few areas, and rotate my passwords. Thanks for reminding me, chummer.
Still here, still out there when I can, still dealing with the lovely Arizona heat in Metro Phoenix…
Fixed up a rather troublesome glitch that made the footer disappear, and broke the FAQ section. It’s working now, and the errant plugin that caused things to break is gone. Normal broadcasts resume.
Thanks for your understanding, and yes, I go that extra mile just for you! *hugs* ^_^
… Just reflecting a more playful nature, and a play on my initials – Julie Anne Morgan = JAM! ^_^;
Strawberri, Blackberi, Raspberi, or Boysenberi, it’s me all over – I am JAM! ^_^; (Or so some of my friends online call me.)
— Julie Anne
(Memo to Myself: Don’t update the current theme. Bad things happen. – Also, figure out a way to backup the settings, even if it takes learning how to write a cron job to back all the databases and email them to yourself every night.)
In other words, I nuked the old theme, and created a new one from default settings – This is revision three, and I might tweak it from salmon pink to a more lavender theme coloring.
Enjoy, my darlings! ^_^;
For lack of a better title – I’ve been quiet on here for just over two months, yet, I’ve been doing lots of activity during that time – Social outings with the River City Gems up in Sacramento, CA, things with other friends, going to school, looking for work, and starting up a program on Rainbow Mix Radio. (Or, more accurately, my “twin brother” has. ^_^; )
Granted, I haven’t had a shortage of anything to say, I just haven’t collected my thoughts, and set aside time to get it written. I’ll spend the next few days and weeks making up for that. Hopefully I’ll remember the more interesting things over the last eight weeks or so.
Stay tuned, space travellers! ^_-;
Mostly under the hood updates. In this session:
- Adding in Google Friend Connect. (Let me know if it’s working or broken – It took me about three hours to figure out how to get the widget to display. ^_^; )
- Fixing the subdomain issue that was broken more or less since the beginning of the site in June 2010. Instead of displaying julieanne.networkr3.com, it would display networkr3.com/julieanne – Apparently, it’s due to how WordPress works. I can either set it to resolve as I wish it to, and just do all my admin from the dashboard log in, or set it back as a work around to edit in the actual site view. It’s a minor inconvenience, kind of like a food scrap in between my teeth.
- Scrapping reCaptcha, since it’s broken with the theme I’m using. At least there’s Akismet, and I resume my duties as human spam screener. All comment spam gets sent to /dev/null, as always.
- Sexy Bookmarks broke slightly with the latest update to it. I’ve switched to the beta style for it. I’ll switch back if I can, or if it breaks again. I’m sure I’m not the only one being surprised. ^_^;
- Catching up with photo updates, and events since October, as well as anything else on my mind, like the holidays, and figuring out where I’m headed in 2011 and beyond.
I’m expecting a few days of quiet and sanity between now and New Years’, so I’ll pick up where I left off. New events commence after the 1st – Let’s see what Year Two brings! Stay Tuned!
(P.S.: Yeah, I moved the PINKessence badge – Now it shows up at the top of every center column. Be warned, if you’re running on a screen with a resolution of less than 1024 pixels across, the layout will break somewhat. ^_^; The compromises we make for the sake of building out the site… This is part of what I’ve done for about the past 15 years…. 15 years, starting out from crafting all the HTML by hand. Wow… That IS a long time, isn’t it? Don’t hassle me about my age, ok?)